Health is a very complex matter. While science is clear on many points, it is far from settled on numerous issues. Yet, everyday, we have to eat; and therefore, we have to decide, scientific consensus or not, with one set of experts saying to eat a food group and another set of experts saying to shun it.
Over the coming year, will write on the questions raised, and our current decisions based on our understanding of the science we have read.
- Which matters most: how much you eat (calories in vs. calories out) or what you eat (the quality of food)?
- Can grains be a part of a healthy diet?
- Should meat be avoided or embraced as a healthy food choice?
- What role should fats play in a healthy diet?
- How much exercise is needed for health?